Build the future of #DeFi with Kyber Network!
Kyber #DeFi Virtual Hackathon aims to educate developers about Kyber Network’s liquidity protocol and token swap technology, and how they can be used to create innovative payment flows and DeFi (decentralized or open finance) applications.
The online hackathon will focus heavily on novel and practical solutions for DeFi, and we hope to see greater composability between Ethereum projects such as bZx, Chainlink, Compound, Melon, Synthetix, the WBTC (Wrapped Bitcoin) community, and many others.
With over USD $42,000 worth of prizes up for grabs, we look forward to having many interesting use cases being built!
Knowledge of Blockchain, Ethereum, and Solidity is preferred, but not a must. For any questions, please join our Hackathon Discord Chat!
If you need to buy ETH or convert ETH to ERC20 tokens, feel free to use KyberSwap.com
Special Kyber DeFi Crypto-collectible NFTs sponsored by Enjin.
How to participate in our #KyberDeFi hackathon?
- Register on Devpost for this hackathon
- Join our Hackathon Discord Chat
- Read our DeFi Hackathon Blog
- Read the relevant tech documentation
- Click 'Get Started!' Submit your project between: 9 Sep - 21 Oct (11.45 pm SGT/GMT+8)
- Judging Period: After 21 Oct
- Individuals and teams of individuals must have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry.
- Team cannot have more than 5 individuals.
NOT ELIGIBLE: Individuals who are residents of, or Organizations domiciled in, Brazil, Quebec, or any country, state, province or territory where the laws of the United States or local law prohibits participating or receiving a prize in the Hackathon (including, but not limited to Cuba, Sudan, Iran, North Korea, Syria and any other country designated by the United States Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control.
See full rules for further restrictions.
1. Build or enhance a functioning decentralized app or platform that incorporates DeFi (e.g. payments, lending, margin trading, arbitrage products) using at least one of the following:
- Kyber's Liquidity Protocol
- Tech partner technology
- Kyber's Liquidity Protocol and technology from one (or more) of the Tech partners
2. Indicate which bounties you're participating in (multiple bounties allowed)
3. Submit a link to your codebase to allow the Judges to demo your DApp / platform
4. Create an explainer video showcasing your DApp / platform (optional)
**Note: If your DApp integrates only technology from the tech partners but not Kyber, it will not be eligible for a Kyber prize, but it will be eligible for the tech partner's 'Best Use' prize. See the rules or prizes page tab for further details.
CEO Kyber Network
Co-Founder of Kyber Network
CTO at Bitgo
CEO and Co-founder of bZx
Co-Founder of bZx
Product Manager at Chainlink
Founder of Compound
Technical Lead at Synthetix
Members of Melon Council
Founder of Trust Wallet
Partner at #Hashed
CEO Signum Capital
a. Novelty 'X' Factor (30%)
Includes how original and innovative the idea is, and a special quality or feature that elicits excitement to use the DApp/project.
b. Potential Value to Users (25%)
Includes the extent to which the DApp is practical, intuitive, easy to use, and impactful for its intended use.
c. Quality of the Idea (15%)
Includes creativity of the idea, and importance of Kyber’s protocol or partner’s tech within the idea.
d. Implementation of the Idea (15%)
Includes how well the idea was executed by the developer.
e. Technical Difficulty and Design (15%)
Includes a well-designed architecture of the DApp, quality code, and thorough documentation.